Novatek is a market leader in the supply of Radiation Shielding Glass and we have the exclusive Distribution Rights for Corning’s Med-X Lead glass in Australasia.
Corning’s Med-X Lead Glass provides high-quality, transparent, protective shielding against X-ray radiation for medical, technical, and research applications. Its high barium and lead content gives optimum shielding against radiation from equipment operating in the 80 to 300 kV range.
Med-X is supplied as polished plates with dimensions up to 2800 x 1400 mm. Smaller sizes can be cut to meet customer requirements. The larger sizes allow architects to design viewing windows with a wider field of vision. Med-X is suitable for laminating using polyvinyl butyral (PVB) inter-layers and can be fitted into sealed, double-glazed units.
The production of Med-X is strictly controlled and manufactured by Corning S.A.S in accordance with the Quality Standard ISO 9001, the Environmental Standard ISO14001 and the Health & Safety Standard OHSAS 18001.
• Shields against X-Rays from equipment in the 100 to 300kV range.
• High barium and lead content providing optimum protection and a neutral appearance.
• Suitable for laminating using PVB interlayers to meet CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat. II safety glazing standard.
• Stocked in many sizes and lead equivalencies to meet demands on any Healthcare Project.
• Corning Med-X® products are certified and tested to meet requirements for diagnostic imaging applications.
• Viewing windows and insulating glazing for X-ray rooms
• Screens for medical diagnostics
• Protection windows in laboratories
• Airport security X-ray screens
• Lenses for safety goggles